A ceramic knife is one of the finest options to keep in the kitchen. There is no telling how useful a knife is. In this case, if you go knife-shopping, you might choose to buy a ceramic knife.
A ceramic knife is made of Ziconium Oxide, which is a very hard ceramic material. After applying a proper amount of heat, a usable knife is produced. So, what are the pros and cons of a ceramic knife?
Pros of using a Ceramic Knife
1. Weight: A ceramic knife is very lightweight and is very easy to handle. Compared with a metal knife, a ceramic knife is lighter. As a ceramic knife is so light to use, one can cut any vegetable easily with very less effort.
2. Sharpness: Though a ceramic knife is made of a very hard material, it is as thin and sharp as a regular stainless knife. The ease of chopping is one of the most interesting advantages of using a ceramic knife.
3. Durability: A ceramic knife is as hard as a diamond. The sharp edges of a ceramic knife live longer than those of regular stainless knives. And a ceramic knife rarely needs to be sharpened, and its sharpness lives more than 5-8 times longer than a regular knife.
4. Quality: A ceramic knife is denser and porous, so it is more sanitary to use. A ceramic knife keeps the taste of a fruit, vegetable, or meat safe and accurate, as it does not transfer ions from one to another.
5. Worth: Buying a ceramic knife is totally worth it. One will never regret buying or using a ceramic knife.
6. Ease: A ceramic knife is so easy to handle. Ceramic knives take time to get dull, and if a knife is dull, it is easy to sharpen and easy to get back to the previous form.
Cons of using a Ceramic Knife
1. Brittleness: Though a ceramic knife is made of a very hard material, it is also very fragile because ceramics are also easy to get brittle. If a ceramic knife is forced a little more, it can lose its sharpness or be broken. A ceramic knife cannot cut frozen meat or any hard material. Ceramic knives are not made to be used on hard materials. If one tries to cut meat with a bone, his or her knife can get dull easily or get a crack on it.
2. Usage: Though it is a knife, but it is not capable of cutting everything. One can only slice something but cannot chop. It is not a versatile knife to use; its usage is so limited.
3. Price: Sometimes buying a ceramic knife is so expensive because you cannot buy a quality ceramic knife at a cheap price.
4. Safety: A ceramic knife is not completely safe in a dishwasher. Companies may claim ceramic knives are safe in dishwashers, but when you use them, it is a must that you be careful.